When I first moved to Philadelphia, more than a decade ago, I envied those who got to flee the city for the Jersey shore or Poconos. Those feelings quickly disappeared as I soon discovered that those “left behind” are actually the lucky ones – as summer in the city is really where it’s at!
#1 La Festa Della Repubblica/Italian National Day
Sunday, June 3, 2012, 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM
#2 Craft Beer Day on East Passyunk
Sunday, June 3, 2012, 11:00 AM to 2:00 AM
- Birra (1700 EPA) – 11:00 AM to 2:00 AM IPA Day Tap Takeover including Bells Hopslam and a firkin of a special dry-hopped Brew Works Hop Explosion made for the event.
- Stogie Joe’s (1801 EPA) – 11:00 AM to 2:00 AM Meatball sandwich and Yards Saison Draft for $10 + Live Acoustic Classic Rock at 4pm
- POPE (1501 EPA) – 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM Brunch with a diverse line-up of special craft beers + 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM “Breaking Bad” themed Quizzo with Johnny Goodtimes presented by Port/Lost Abbey Brewing
- Lucky 13 (1820 S 13th Street) – 11:30 AM to 4:00 PM Brunch menu paired with Victory + Lucky 13 DJs at 1:00 PM
- Ms. Goody Cupcake (1838 EPA) – 11:30 AM to 5:00 PM Open House with cupcake sampling and a special beer & chocolate brewed cupcake “Take Me Out to the Ballgame”
- Le Virtu (1927 EPA) – 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM Outdoor Beer Garden & Grill with tastings from Round Guys, Prism, Evil Genius, Ommegang, Brewvolution + grilled Abruzzese fare
- The Bottle Shop (1837 EPA) – 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM Fruit Beer Floats featuring Fruli, Wild Blue, Wild Black, Wild Red & Ithaca Apricot Wheat
- Stateside (1536 EPA) – 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM Outside Beer-B-Que with Victory Classic & Rare Brews
- Noir Restaurant & Bar (1909 EPA) – 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM Barley Legal Home Brew Sampling & Bites
- South Philly Bar & Grill (1235-37 EPA) – 9:00 PM to 12:00 AM$2 off all craft beer and $2 off gourmet cheese steaks, including Roasted Garlic, Gorgonzola, Smoked Gouda, and Jabanero Monterey Jack
Sunday, June 3, 2012, 11:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Ms Goody Cupcake celebrates Craft Beer Day/Philly Beer Week and La Festa Della Repubblica (Italian Day Festival) with their first special open house. Enjoy a FREE cake truffle tasting*, $2.00 cupcakes (normally $2.50), FREE mini-cupcake tastings, fun themed flavors and FREE door prizes. Party goers can even win six months of free cupcakes by entering the in-store contest of “Liking” Ms Goody Cupcake on Facebook during the event. For CRAFT BEER DAY, Owner Gigi Andrew’s will serve her own specially “brewed” cupcake: “Take Me Out to the Ballpark!” Enjoy this beer and chocolate cake, with peanut butter filling, chocolate fudge topping, with peanuts on top. It’s a home run! We will also debut a chocolate and beer cake truffle mini. For LA FESTA, Ms Goody Cupcake will serve up Italian flavors and favorites, such as our Tiramisu, Limoncello, Holy Cannoli and 4th of July (Ricotta triple layer with berries).
THIS YEAR, DON’T MISS A BEAT! Philly Loves Fun is happy to kickoff our summertime preview by covering all three events above. Stay tuned with posts and photos from these and other great activities. Make us your “it” place to find out what to do, eat and experience in Philly!
Disclaimer: No compensation was received in exchange for this blog post. Facebook, Twitter and Google are not affiliated with this giveaway. Data collected will not be shared.