Philadelphia has an amazing history of giving back to those in need during the holidays! This year, join in that spirit of generousity by purchasing a five-star gourmet pie to support MANNA. All pie purchases and donations will provide nourishing meals to people at acute nutritional risk from life-threatening illnesses.
2011 pie choices:
* Holiday Pumpkin Pie
* Southern Pecan Pie
* Traditional Apple Pie
* Sky Pie (PICTURE ABOVE — Caramel and Walnuts on a rich creamy cheesecake, drizzled with even more caramel and chocolate)
* Client Pie (DONATION ONLY — The sweetest of all – this pie is actually a donation to send a pie to a client during the holidays)
Pies can be picked up on November 22 and November 23 at dozens of locations in Center City and around the Philadelphia suburbs.
Proceeds from the pie sale will directly help MANNA provide services for people at acute nutritional risk due to life-threatening illness. Your support will help MANNA provide:
* 800,000+ nutritious, delicious, home delivered meals produced each year
* 3 meals, 7 days a week, FREE of charge
* Medically appropriate food (11 diet modifications) for each client
* Nutritional counseling and education
All of MANNA’s services provide a solid nutritional base that allow people living with a life-threatening illness like cancer or HIV/AIDS to maintain weight, better tolerate and absorb medications, and build a healthier, more independent lifestyle.
Join us today — purchase your pie or make a donation at the following website:
P.S. Thanks to the Greater Philadelphia Flag Football League for sharing info about the MANNA pie sale — GPFFL pie sales are part of their ongoing charitable efforts to give back to the Greater Philadelphia community!