Thanks to everyone who entered my contest for two tickets to “Let Them Eat Cake: Under the Big Top!,” on Monday, April 2, 2012, at Loews Philadelphia Hotel. This fondant food fest raises money for City of Hope Philadelphia Office. It was a very competitive contest, with more than 70 entries cast. Apparently, you love cake! Some of your answers to the “Favorite cake” question included the top answers and some interesting quotes:
- Top answers: Wedding, Red Velvet, Birthday, Italian Rum, Cheesecake, Carrot, Chocolate, Strawberry Short cake
- Sweet and fattening and taste good…angelfood cake. Or lemon. Or chocolate. Or a cake with tons of delectable icing. Or a whole table full of different kinds of cakes and a big plate that fits a piece of each one. Does that answer the question?
- Alice and Wonderland themed cake with the Mad Hatter, and all the colors!
- Birthday cakes because they celebrate another year of joy with my kids. I also love flourless chocolate cake, especially when made with dark chocolate. To die for!
- Chocolate cake with fresh strawberry and fudge filling with a fashionista theme.
- Cakes that look like great works of art
- Moms chocolate chip and brown sugar cake!
- I love cake on any occasion, especially with a good cup of coffee! Today I’ll go with coffeecake since I’m in that kind of mood!
- I love red velvet cake but it’s so hard to find a really moist one. The icing HAS to be cream cheese! It just reminds me of being a kid and celebrating my adult relatives birthdays. It seemed so decadent and grown up to me. I know the cake was harder to make so it was a real treat.
- I like ALL CAKES but if i had to pick just one, I guess I’d say Buttercream icing with raspberry swirl and you can NEVER go wrong with chocolate cake, vanilla icing!!!. Also love specialty cakes like margarita!!!!!
- My favorite kind of cake is a Topsy-Turvy cake, it shows whimsy, but at the same time you can apply the classic designs to it to give you a unique cake that your friends and family will remember.
- Cookie Monster birthday cake from my 2nd birthday!
If you didn’t win, please consider supporting this amazing event. Check out the full run down below. I also encourage you to visit www.phillylovesfun.com later in the month! We will post a new contest by the end of March. We will also attend “Let Them Eat Cake” and bring you amazing pictures of the award-winning cakes. Eating 35+ pieces of cake is a tough job, but SOMEONE has to do it!
SUPPORT CANCER RESEARCH AND TREATMENT
Let Them Eat Cake: Under the Big Top!
Monday, April 2, 2012, 6:00 PM
Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Benefits City of Hope
Two of my biggest passions come together for what could be the best dessert event EVER! “Let Them Eat Cake: Under the Big Top” is a fondant food fest, where guests feast on 35+ pieces of wedding cake in all shapes, sizes, colors, flavors and designs. This isn’t your grandmother’s basic white cake, oh no! Each and every cake is designed to fit with the fun event theme – CIRCUS! Sylvia Weinstock is our lead judge in this competition that pits the best bakeries and pastry chefs in the city against each other for a great cause! Airplay Entertainment and Philadelphia School of Circus Arts will be in the house with authentic circus entertainment. Free champagne and coffee will be flowing. Free swag bags to the first 50 guests. Dance the night away to Back 2 Life. Door prizes and more! For more information, and to purchase tickets, visit City of Hope . Like them on Facebook.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases, guided by a compassionate patient-centered philosophy, and supported by a national foundation of humanitarian philanthropy. Visit www.cityofhope.org.
Must be 21 or older to purchase tickets. Doors are open to the public at 6pm. Goody bags are only available for the first 100 attendees to check into the event’s registration table. $17.50 of your $25 ticket is tax-deductable by law.
Disclaimer: This post and contest was brought to you with support of the City of Hope – special thanks to them for the free tickets! Facebook, Twitter and Google are not affiliated with this giveaway. Data collected through this giveaway will not be shared without your consent.