I have my ticket. I’ve dieted all week. I’m ready! Let the eating begin…
This Saturday, I’ll join over 500 foodies that have already purchased their tickets to Flavors of the Avenue. South Philly’s food fest is Saturday, April 28th, from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM, on East Passyunk Avenue (EPA) between Dickinson and Morris Streets. I can’t wait to mix and mingle with twenty-one chef’s that will help EPA raise money for its public safety program by dishing up their signature food and drinks. Flavors is held under a big top tent, making the event rain or shine. Although shine is certainly preferred! Advance ticket sales end at Midnight on Wednesday, April 25, 2012 (unless tickets sell out first). Visit www.visiteastpassyunk.com or call 215-336-1455.
If you are still on the fence, check out my album from 2011 below, and check out these menu items — just announced!
- Grappa-Cured Salmon with Marscapone from Paradiso
- Chicken Skewers from Garage
- Porchetta Sandwiches with Arugula Pesto from Birra
- Grilled Wings and Yuengling Lager from South Philly Bar & Grill
- Gazpacho and Chicken Salad with Green Tea Juice from Fuel
- Meatball Sandwiches from Stogie Joe’s
- Poached Shrimp with White Bean Salad from Kris
- Sweet Ravioli from Mamma Maria Ristorante
- Penne with Blush Sauce and Eggplant Rollitini from Chiarella’s
- Lemon Poppyseed Cake for dessert from Belle Cakery
- Tacos Al Pastor from El Zarape
- Sausage Gravy Waffles from Chhaya
- Wild Boar Pate from Fond
In addition to the Flavors food tent, EPA BID will host a free street festival with vendors, a craft market hosted by Crafty Balboa, and a live outdoor concert at 12th & Morris from 3:30-6 PM with special guests Johnny Showcase and Cheers Elephant. The last time I went I said I was going to leave at 3:00 PM, then 4:00 PM, then 5:00 PM then 10:00 PM! Once you get there, you will want to stay all day to experience everything EPA has to offer!
Food, drinks, music and fun — pictures from 2011 Flavors of the Avenue:
Disclaimer: This post and contest is brought to you with support from East Passyunk Avenue! Facebook, Twitter and Google are not affiliated with any giveaways. Data collected may be shared with East Passyunk Avenue.
- WINNERS: Congrats to the Winners of our APRIL Contests! (phillylovesfun.wordpress.com)
- New Contest: Free Tickets to Next Big Food Fest, Flavors on the Avenue (phillylovesfun.wordpress.com)
- South Philly Gets a Little Sweeter with Cupcakery on East Passyunk Avenue (phillylovesfun.wordpress.com)
- Flavors of the Avenue answers appetites | South Philly Review (gloucestercitynews.net)