Philadelphia Magazine and PA Wine & Spirits Stores give you 200 reasons to say “cheers” at Whiskey Fest on Thursday, October 24th. Enjoy samples of over 200 premium spirits from around the world, whiskey, scotch, bourbon, tequila, gin, rum, and vodka. Better yet, enjoy nibbles from a great array of Philadelphia (and beyond) restaurants and buzzed about eateries. The fun kicks off with a VIP tasting at 5:00pm and general admission at 6:30pm. Philly Loves Fun will be there responsibly sampling away while we mix and mingle with other guest! Bonus: Proceeds from this fun night go to a great charity – SafeHome Philadelphia.
Starting at 5:00pm, enjoy the VIP experience with early admission to the festival, a behind-the-scenes stadium tour, exclusive spirit and food tastings and a gift card to PA Wine & Spirits Stores. Doors for general admission open at 6:30pm, and include other event highlights that already having this a top event pick of the week!
- Fine Wine & Good Spirits Lounge featuring exclusive spirits
- Special meet-and-greets with industry representatives
- A chance to mingle with SugarHouse Casino
- SugarHouse Casino will also give Whiskey Festival ticketholders (plus guest) a complimentary invitation to an upcoming Whiskey Tasting event on November 14 at the Casino
- The Woodford Reserve® Manhattan Experience
- Watch local bartenders go head-to-head in this craft bourbon cocktail competition. Taste their creations and cast your vote!
- The Buffalo Trace Saloon with Live Entertainment
- Enjoy this elevated classy saloon complete with a country rock band
- The Dewars Honey Suits
- Sample the newest member of the Dewar’s family, Highlander Honey, and take home a specially engraved bottle.
- CIROC Lounge introducing CIROC Amaretto
- Meet some of the world’s great master distillers – Fred Noe, Simon Brooking, and John Campbell
- Belvedere Product Red Lounge
- Ardbeg Rocket Tour
- The Infiniti Lounge
- Complete with a molecular mixology demonstration, an exclusive chef’s tasting and the chance to get up close and person with the latest Infiniti vehicles
- A raffle to benefit SafeHome Philadelphia
- Chima – Chicken Potatoes Salada, Farofa, Assorted Skewers
- Satsuma Asian Kitchen and Bar – Flash seared Tuna
- The Sweet Trading Company – Chocolate Bars
- Luke’s Lobster – Shrimp Rolls
- Sampan – Hamachi Ceviche
- The Twisted Tail – Bourbon Braised Meatballs
- Verdad Restaurant – Short Ribs in a Whiskey Onion Reduction
For tickets and information, go to phillymag.com/whiskeyfest or call 215-279-8316. Tickets are $95 in advance, $100 at the door; $150 for VIP access. Designated driver tickets are available at the door. Safety first (and always!) Our favorite option for the night is to pair the fest with a ride from Uber. Head home in style AND save $10 in the process when you sign up using our link.
The 2013 Philadelphia Whiskey & Fine Spirits Festival will benefit SafeHome Philadelphia, a local non-profit organization that works to ensure that every child has a safe place to sleep, and every parent has an affordable home. By integrating homeless families into the community, SafeHome Philadelphia creates a safe, united, self-sufficient Philadelphia, one that prizes both independence and community.
Presented by Philadelphia Magazine and PA Wine & Spirits. Sponsored Infiniti, SugarHouse Casino, WMMR, KYW and Yelp. Must be 21 years+ to attend. Please taste responsibly. Not sponsored by Philly Loves Fun.
OTHER TOP PICKS FOR WEEK
Fall spirits, food and fun are in the air this week! Find us at these other great events this week:
- Witch CRAFT Beer Crawl by East Passyunk Avenue- Wednesday, October 23, 2013
- Fall Fest + Spooky Saturday by East Passyunk Avenue – Saturday, October 26, 2013
- Fall Flying Fest by Fly School Circus Arts- Saturday, October 26 to Sunday, October 27, 2013
Disclaimer: Complimentary tickets to cover the event were provided by Philadelphia Magazine. No other compensation was received in exchange for this blog post. Facebook, Twitter and Google are not affiliated with any giveaways. Data collected will not be shared. Event is not sponsored by Philly Loves Fun.
- Philadelphia Whiskey & Fine Spirits Festival (suburbangentleman.wordpress.com)
- 10th Annual Whiskey Fest Pours Into The Linc Next Month (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)