The Barnes Foundation celebrates the opening of its new campus with a Memorial Day festival weekend and special round-the-clock admission to the renowned collection and entire campus. The weekend features a variety of entertainment and programs from Noon on May 26 through 6 pm on May 28. Tickets are required for all opening events and are available online or by calling 1.866.849.7056.
Philly Loves Fun kicks off a summer of fun by giving away tickets to this exciting new facility. Two winners will each win a pair of tickets!
The Barnes Foundation’s 93,000-square-foot building, designed by Tod Williams Billie Tsien Architects, conceived as a “gallery within a garden and a garden within a gallery,” is set within a four-and-a-half-acre site with landscape design by Olin. The building will provide significant new facilities for the Foundation’s core programs in art education, as well as for temporary exhibitions and visitor amenities. At the same time, the legendary Barnes art collection will be presented within a 12,000-square-foot gallery that preserves the scale, proportion and configuration of the original Merion gallery, as well as the founder’s conception of a visual interplay between art and nature.
While the new campus on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway enables the Foundation to relax previous restrictions on public visitation, admissions will be scheduled so as to maintain an intimate and contemplative atmosphere. The natural light in the gallery, controlled through contemporary technology, will reveal the true beauty of the Barnes Foundation’s unparalleled collection of Impressionist, Post-Impressionist and early Modern paintings, African sculpture, Pennsylvania Dutch decorative arts and other important works.
ENTERING IS SUPER EASY AND FAST – ENTER EVERY DAY FOR MORE CHANCES TO WIN:
1) Like Philly Loves Fun on Facebook for an automatic entry!
2) Follow me on Twitter for an entry.
3) Leave a blog comment about what museum (s) you plan to visit in Philly this summer.
4) Fill out our “Fast Form” below.
Deadline: Friday, May 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM. The winner will be announced Friday afternoon!
Disclaimer: No compensation was received in exchange for this blog post. Facebook, Twitter and Google are not affiliated with this giveaway. Data collected will not be shared.
- Advance Member Tickets Now Available To The New Barnes Foundation, Opening May 19; Public Ticketing Goes On Sale March 15 (uwishunu.com)
- Judge: Barnes move foes must reimburse legal fees (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Sneak Peek: An Early Look Inside The Breathtaking New Barnes Foundation, Opening This Weekend On The Benjamin Franklin Parkway (uwishunu.com)
- With Art Philadelphia™, A New Citywide Initiative Promoting Visual Arts, Officially In Full Effect With A Brand New Website To Help You Explore Art In Philadelphia Just In Time For This Weekend’s Barnes Opening (uwishunu.com)