East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District debuts “Second Saturday for Families,” this Saturday, September 8, 2012, from 10:00am to 5:00pm. Already known as Philadelphia’s “it place” for grownup dining, drinks, fashion, EPA presents a kid-friendly version of the popular “Second Saturday” series. Back to school has never been so much fun! We can’t wait for the discounted shopping, live entertainment, public tours, craft activities, family meals and free prizes. Join us for family fun – South Philly style!
Scheduled live music, crafts, cupcake decorating and more:
- 10:00am – 3:00pm – South Philadelphia Older Adult Center (1430 EPA) – Find some hidden treasures at bargain prices with this annual flea market.
- 11:00am – 5:00pm – Pixie Toes (1810 EPA) – Halloween arrived early! Enjoy tricks and treats with free popcorn, door prizes, and a preview of Halloween party decorations. Save $5 off any order of children’s invitations.
- 11:00am – 12:00pm – Alphabet Academy, The Treehouse (1506 EPA) – Kids are invited to partake in free craft activities and snacks, as parents take a free tour of South Philly’s eco-friendly facility for children two to five years old. On the tour, enter to win a special back to school prize. For information, call (215) 551-6410.
- 11:30am – 12:30pm – Outside of A Man’s Image (1709 EPA) – Live music from Willie with crowd favorites that will please parents and kids alike. In the event of rain, this will be moved to Alphabet Academy, Alphabet Aquarium (1720 EPA).
- 11:30am – 12:30pm – Alphabet Academy, Alphabet Aquarium (1720 EPA) – Kids will enjoy rooftop fun and apple painting activity while parents enjoy a tour of this nautical themed center. Tour participant can enter to win a special “Back to School” prize. For more information, call (215) 551-6410.
- 12:00pm – 3:00pm – Ms Goody Cupcake (1838 EPA) – Children can decorate and frost their own cupcakes for only $2!
- 12:00pm – 3:00pm – Nice Things… Handmade (1731 EPA) – Bring the kids for a Handmade Kids’ Pit Stop with a free craft activity.
- Favors & Flavors (1827 EPA) – Enjoy $1 kiddie size ice cream (half off regular price).
- FUEL (1917 EPA) – Families save with three courses for only $10. Feast on a wide selection of paninis, fruit smoothies, healthy desserts and fresh salads.
- Mamma Maria Ristorante (1637 EPA) – Enjoy three courses with South Philly’s most famous Mamma. Pricing is $20 for adults and $10 for kids.
- Ms Goody Cupcake (1838 EPA) – Stop up on cupcakes with a 6/$10 sale. Cake truffles will be buy one, get one free.
- Noir Philadelphia (1909 EPA) – Noir opens special for lunch with Saturday hours and family friend fare. Enjoy half off Flat Bread Pizza, Arancini Balls, Mac & Cheese, Baby Spinach Salad, Hot Dog (With choice of Fries or House Salad), Fresh Local Veggie Sandwich and Potato Gnocchi in fresh Marinara.
- A Star is Born (1821 EPA) – Save 10% off one regular priced item (Excluding special orders and specialty items).
- Headhunters Hair Design (1718 EPA) – Deal for Moms and Dads! Dads will enjoy $5 off a men’s haircut (Valid on appointments this day or when you book this day for the following week). Moms will enjoy a free eyebrow waxing. 50% off men’s hair products when you mention Second Saturday.
- Kings Music (1828 EPA) – Sign up for kids’ music lessons and save $5 off the first three lessons (reg price $30).
- Sermania Jewelry (1719 EPA) – Baked goods, pretzel rivets, and small water bottles will be served! Save with 50% off jewelry chest and special repairs made in shop.
- South Philly Comics (1840 EPA) – Save 10% off kids comic books. Older children can stretch their allowance with $1 bargain bin deals.
- Urban Jungle (1526 EPA) – Save 20-30% off seasonal items. Stop in for some deals perfect for those with a green thumb!
- Next (ontheave) (1815 EPA) – Dads will enjoy 25% off regular priced items – don’t miss their amazing selection of Phillies merchandise.
- Nicole Rae Styer Boutique (1822 EPA) – Fall is a great time for amazing women’s fashion! Save 20% off select items for Mom.
- Novo Salon (1607 EPA) – Save 20% off services when you mention “Second Saturday for Families.
Second Saturday for Families is sponsored by East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District, Alphabet Academy and Belle Cakery. This special day is one of several exciting family activities on East Passyunk Avenue in the fall and winter months. On Saturday, October 27, 2012, EPA presents Spooky Saturday with pumpkin painting, children’s costume contest, pet costume contest, trick or treating and more. In December, EPA presents photos with Santa for children and family pets, as well as family holiday shopping and a tree lighting ceremony. Other family activities on East Passyunk during the year include the annual Easter Egg Hunt, Car Show and Street Festival and La Festa Italian National Day.
EPABID will also host the ongoing “Second Saturday” series with grownup fun on Saturday, September 8, 2012. Visit the East Passyunk Ave Facebook page for a full listing of art openings, beer tastings, fashions shows and sales.
East Passyunk Avenue is home to over 150 independently-owned shops and restaurants, offering an excellent opportunity to stretch your legs and take a stroll up the Avenue. For more information and directions, go to www.visiteastpassyunk.com.
Disclaimer: No monetary compensation was provided for this post. Facebook, Twitter and Google are not affiliated with any PLF giveaways.